Latest posts by Ashin Damika (see all)
Part 2 -12 common but useful words that start with F you should add to your word vocabulary
Community Writer (Myanmar)
- Leadership strengths (Level 15)
- Community Writer (Level3)
ONE for NOT + (one or one+) (F) Part(2)
12 common but useful words that start with F you should add to your word vocabulary
free= (1) (able to do what one wishs), not tied, not in prison, not control by rule / (Free speech=the right to say what one thinks / The way is free=open, with nothing to stop one / The free end of the rope=not tied down).
(2) easy, graceful & simple, not stiff ceremonial / Free with his money, Free handed = generous.
(3) not busy, not already being used by someone else / (I am free to – morrow morning = not busy, can see you / Have you any room free ?= not in use).
(4) given without payment / (Free – trade=allowing foreign googs to come into country without payment / Free will=the idea that one’s future & fortune are not fixed by fate)
fresh= (1. newly grown. newly made)
2. smelling, tasting or looking clean and new
3. not experienced, eg. A freshman (fresher) = one in his first year at the university.
4. not seen or heard before, eg. Have you any fresh news.
5. not tired.
6. (of water or meat) not salt.
Welcome to our elite “Become a confidence English speaker club” for emerging and confident future leaders. Our group members are the leaders of tomorrow, and they have helped ten of thousands of people with their knowledge and wisdom.
We are the English learning community only for leaders of English speaking and writing. Knowledge sharing is caring!