English Story Rabia Balkhi – The Tragic Story
This English story is about the tragic life of Rabia Balkhi, she had a very sad story this cause I want to share…
Rabia Balkhi was the daughter of Kab.
Her father was the king and although he had a son named Aris, Kab loved his daughter more than anything in the world.
When he fell ill, he told Aris that after he dies, he must take good care of Rabia.
Aris become king and he loved his sister very much and always remembered his father’s word.
In the Royal court, there was a slave named Baktash. He was honest and responsible for the money.
One night Aris had a party with guests invited from all over the country. During the music and dancing, Rabia Balkhi went to the palace roof to watch.
The palace was full of guests and they all looked happy. From the rooftop, she saw Baktash, a young and handsome man. She looked and looked and watched him until the end of the party.
That night she felt she had fallen love. She kept this a secret for a year until she got very sick.
Rabia Balkhi told her nurse she loved Baktash and she wrote him a latter. When he read the latter, Baktash couldn’t believe that Rabia loved him so much. Their secret love continued and Rabia wrote poetry for him.
The only other person who knew that Rabia wrote poetry was Rodaki, a very famous poet if that time. Rabia told Rodaki about her love and he promised to keep it a secret.
One night Rodaki was invited to a Royal party and he got drunk. He read a poem by Rabia and king Aris asked, “whose poem is this?”
Rodaki told him the secret love story of Rabia and Baktash.
Aris was very angry but pretended he was drunk too. Aris later asked a soldier to find evidence against Rabia.
The soldier found her letters and brought them to the king. Aris decided that his sister, the sister he loved would be put into a hammam (a public bath).
When the temperature was very hot he cut her veins. Rabia swam in her blood, dipping a finger in it to write poetry to Baktash on the walls and floor of the bath until she died.
She wrote her last love poem in blood on the wall as she died. “I am captured by your love trying to escape is not possible.”
Aris dumped Baktash into a well to kill him, but Baktash escaped. When he found that Rabia was dead, he killed Aris and went to Rabia’s grave where he declared he could not live without her and killed himself too.
Her last love poem: “Love is an ocean without boundaries, A wise person would not want to swim in it, If you want to love until the end, You must accept what is not accepted, Welcome hardship with joy, Eat poison but call it honey….”
The End of English Story of the day – “English Story Rabia Balkhi – The Tragic Story”.
Thank you for reading my English Story of the day – “English Story Rabia Balkhi – The Tragic Story”. This English story is one of my “Learn English Through English Stories” series articles. I hope you enjoy reading my English story.
Thank you, Davra Logan.
- Learn English through short stories – Nadia Anjuman, By Davra Logan.
- English Story – The Birthday Present Problem, by Shafayet Ali Mithun.
- Learn English through current affairs – Feminism, by Lawrence Izabell.
- English Stories – Reality of Today, by Shafayet Ali Mithun
- English Story – Popular English Love Story – Autumn (A Fairy Tale), by Shafayet Ali Mithun.
- English Stories – My Dream Garden, by Shafayet Ali Mithun.
- English Short Story by Raihana Enggar – The crying devil Part 5
- English Short Story by Raihana Enggar – The crying devil Part 3
- English Short Story by Raihana Enggar – The crying devil Part 2
- English Short Story by Raihana Enggar – The crying devil Part 1
- Learn English through love stories with moral, by Fatima E Porcino.
- Learn English through stories – Love and Sacrifice, by Fatima E Porcino.
- Learn English through stories – Heartwarming True Romantic Love Story of Ordinary Bangladesh, by Abdul Khaled.
- Learn English through stories – AN UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE, Tess Sia Zon Tulia
- o Garlitos.Learn English through stories – A Real-life inspiring story that touched the heart, by Jowayna Alfonso.
- Learn English through stories – True Romantic Love Story of Jatinder Singh (Updated on 06/02/2019), by Jatinder Singh.
- Learn English through stories – Love in the air, by Shafayet Ali Mithun.
- Learn English through stories – English Story by Raihana Enggar, The crying devil 4.
- Learn English through short stories – Life of a poor Bangladesh student. by Abdul Khaled.